Gel nail polish is a type of nail polish that comes in a gel-like consistency that is applied by a special UV lamp. The process of manicuring nails can be fun, but the entire process can also be overwhelming for many beginners. That’s why we decided to write this step-by-step guide on how to apply gel nail polish.
What you need:
- Nail buffer
- Cuticle pusher
- UV or LED light
- Gel polish
- Nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol
- Cuticle oil
- Nail trimmer
If you want to be a beginner and don’t know where to buy all this stuff then give it a try at BLUESKY gel polish starter kit. The kit has everything you need for a gel manicure at home.
Steps To Apply Gel Polish:
- Rinse your nails and hands thoroughly. Cut your nails with a nail trimmer to your desired shapes and size.
- Tug your cuticles back with a cuticle pusher. This makes your nails appear more noticeable. By shoving the cuticles back, you can avoid applying any nail polish on them.
- Remember to buff your nails. This will make the application of gel nail polish much flatter.
- Remove any previous nail polish on your nails with spirit before applying gel nail polish.
- After your nails are ready, apply a base coat to your nails and let them dry under a lamp emitting ultraviolet rays.
- Then, apply gel polish to your nails. Coat your nail with gel polish at least twice to give a beautiful color to your nail. Remember to cure your nails with U.V or LED light in between the layers.
- Lastly, apply a top coat to your nails. The topcoat will seal in the color of your gel polish, and your nails will continue to shine bright. Do remember to cure your topcoat for the last time with a U.V lamp.
- Use cuticle oil on your nails twice a day to maintain the nails. We strongly advise correctly caring for your gel nails. Doing so will make them last longer.